CanAm General Info Post #1
We’re almost there! 11 days to go until the 4th Annual CanAm Bench Press Championship. We can’t wait to see everyone and watch some good iron crushing benching. Some general info:
– Roster: We know of at least 4 more entries that are still making their way through the postal service. Once they arrive I’ll post a new roster which should be everyone. The most current roster is as of the 12th: http://www.michiganapf.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/CanAm_Roster.pdf
– Schedule: All weigh-in periods are as posted in the meet flyer. Reminder, there are separate weigh-in periods for raw and equipped lifters, you may only attend a session designated for your division (this is because of the weigh-in timing rules which dictate when you can weigh-in vs. when you lift): http://www.michiganapf.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/canam_flyer.pdf
– Livestream: We will try and have a livestream. This one is out of our hands. The meet venue doesn’t have a hardline internet connection we can use so we have to rely on the wireless, which in our past experience is unreliable at best. We will have the livestream setup, but I cannot make any guarantees about its quality or stability: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/michigan-apf
– Video: As always we will be recording the meet in its entirety and it will be posted to the Michigan APF youtube page once the meet is complete (it usually takes us a few days to get it all edited and uploaded).
– Food: There is a restaurant in the hotel which does have quite good food including a full on continental buffet breakfast. It’s a bit pricey since it’s a hotel restaurant, but it’s one of the better ones. There’s also a Bob Evan’s down the road and I’m sure a few other things about.
– Records: World, National, and State records may be set. We will have all the needed paperwork available. We cannot look up records for you during the meet however; you need to know ahead of time what your records are.
– Equipment: For this meet we will be using the Sabertooth specialty bench bar (25 kg/55 lb) as was recently approved for use by the APF. The competition bench will have face savers, and is the black bench which was used at Raw Nationals (and all other Michigan APF meets): http://www.elitefts.com/sabertooth-bench-press-bar.html
– FAQ: Please check out the FAQ on our website as it answers many other questions we often get: http://www.michiganapf.com/faq/