2015 APF Rule Changes
To keep everyone up to date, the following changes to the WPC/APF rulebook have been enacted for the 2015 competition season by the APF executive committee.
1. Eliminate the rule to make gear a requirement in the EQ division – it is no benefit to the lifter without gear
2. Elimination of the morning of weigh-in for National / World Meet, discussion of making it optional for local meets.
3. Approve the use of the special 30kg / 8.5′ squat bar. Rationale–with some of the bigger weights being moved, the larger bar is more stable, and also has longer bar shafts which allow for more room for spotters to grab the bar itself.
4. Approve the use of the special 22.5kg / longer bench bar. Rationale–as with above, the bar is more stable with the bigger weights being moved, and the longer bar shafts allow more room on the bar for spotting.
5. Reminder – Dress Code for Judges: Denim jeans, shorts and t-shirts should not be worn
6. Make mandatory in order to set or break a record lifter cannot take token lifts
7. Add a disabled bench press division
Things to note, item 3 and 4 now mean that we can use the Mastodon and Sabertooth bars for competition which is very good news. Also, there will be no morning of weigh-ins at National and World meet (there will be for local).